It’s a thing I do. I am REALLY good at making planning lists. I make them all the time – I plan how and when I’m going to run, do yoga, write; I make meal plans, I make lists of things I’d like to do and places I’d like to visit. And then instead of doing and seeing and making and writing all those things, I make another list.
So here is a list of real life stories I’d like to put on paper. I had insomnia last week and all these great stories were running through my head so I made a list. Would you want to read any of these?
- telling Veronica that Kevin’s gay
- kismet road trip with Angeline
- out all night with Chaara
- being the surviving sibling
- the time I went camping alone and ended up reading Harlequins
- ladybugs on the beach
- eggnog at Christmas
- birdwatching biker
- my mom being the dirtiest Cards Against Humanity player
- how we’d walk out of class in high school
- when the cat ate my mouse
- how vividly I remember the one time my dad said he likes me
- the fight dad and I got in the day of my grandpa’s funeral
- why I opened the store
- what Paul was like in high school
- I thought everyone who lived in the city was better than me
- “I thought you were vegetarian”
- when your past bullies compliment you
- the times I’ve stopped to help road kill
- driving to Luciette Hot Springs with Andi and Hannah
- what I thought of rodeos as a kid
- family feud
- our short pot habit
I’m intrigued. I should really write those. If aspiring to be David Sedaris seemed like attainable goal, that would be the goal I’d pick, I think.
Note: some names have been changed.